Interior House Painters in Riverside, California
We have been providing Riverside County, CA metropolitan areas with quality interior painting and restoration services for homes and commercial properties for over 14 years, As a family-owned and operated business, customer satisfaction is our top priority. We meet the highest industry standards and work closely with each and every client to satisfy individual needs with reliable, quality service!
Not all interior painting contractors are good at selecting colors.
It is good to remember that even the best interior house painters may not always be the best people to ask for a color advice.
Some home owners rely heavily on a painting contractor to give them a color advice. And there are probably some house painters that have an artistic eye, and are good at selecting colors. Many of the painting contractors are probably not the best in the role of interior color advisors. If a color advice is needed Dunn Edwards paint stores have color consultants on staff, that offer their services free of charge, to anyone who needs them. A home owner can take a digital picture of the area that is being painted,
What Our Customers Are Saying
Our experience with Victory Paints was very positive. The response to our request for an estimate was prompt. We were able to quickly work out a mutually agreeable arrangement regarding payment since we are out-of-state owners of a rental property. The paint job was begun right away and finished on time. We highly recommend this painting company. Both the property management company and HOA said the house “looks fantastic”. This has exceeded our expectations! We shall refer Razor Sharp to friends in that area who may be looking for professional painters.
Brief Overview of How We Paint an Interior Of a House.
- There is no right or wrong way to start painting the interior of a home. Depending on the house painters you contract with, the process of interior painting may slightly vary. Below are some of the common interior painting steps that we do that won’t vary much, from one of the painting company to another:
Prepare The Walls
- We Take down window blinds, remove switch-plates and outlets.
- Cover floors.
There are many options when it comes to protecting floors, and every painting contractor uses what works best for them. Floors can be covered with tarps or plastic. We usually use plastic as you can seal it tightly with the masking tape at the edges of baseboards. For hardwood floors it is better to use special thick paper, as plastic does not work here as well as it works for covering carpets and other surfaces.
- Fix cracks and holes.
Repair materials will also vary from one house painter to another. We usually use Painter’s All-Purpose Acrylic Latex Caulk to fix cracks and Westpac Fast Set, Setting Compounds to fix holes in the drywall.
- We examine all small nail holes and thin cracks. These usually do not need to be primed. Areas where mid size and large holes have been repaired we will need to prime before applying coats of paint.
- Sometimes it is possible to get away with one coat of paint, if exact same colors and sheen are used, however most interior painting projects will require us to use 2 coats of paint, to hide the previous color.
- It is better to give a couple hours for the paint to dry before attempting to remove plastic or tape. We usually will return the next day. This will ensure that fresh paint will not transfer during the clean up from the plastic or tape to the carpet and other areas that not supposed to get any paint.
Popular Types Of Paints Used in the Interior of a Home
- Flat paint covers well all imperfections but most of the flat paints are non-washable. The dirt will not come off the wall and you will need to touch up or repaint the area if it gets dirty. There are washable flat paints, but they are more expensive. Flat paints are usually used on the ceilings.
- Eggshell doesn’t hide the imperfections that well, but it is washable. Most of the interior walls are painted with eggshell. The higher the shine the easier it is for cleaning. Flat and eggshell finish paints are very easy to work with as you can apply this paint in any direction without leaving any brush or roller marks.
- Semi-gloss and gloss are harder to apply, as you may need to keep a “wet edge” in order not to leave any brush marks. Those are more expensive paints as well. They are mostly used to paint kitchens, bathrooms, trim, doors and baseboards.
The sheen may vary from one store to another.
- Paint that is called eggshell in the Home Depot and does not have a lot of sheen, will be with higher gloss if purchased at painting supply store.
If you ask five different painting contractors for a recommendation on what sheen is better to use, you will get five different answers. There is no industry standard for the interior painting sheen application. The most common sheen combination to see in Riverside homes are:
- ceilings– flat paint;
- walls – eggshell finish;
- kitchens, bathrooms, laundry, doors, trim, baseboards – semi gloss finish.
If the house is a rental, it is common to see one sheen to be used throughout the house.